2011. augusztus 26., péntek

Did Real Housewife Teresa Giudice Make an Anti-Semitic Remark?

Did Real Housewife Teresa Giudice Make an Anti-Semitic Remark?

Real Housewives of New Jersey’s Teresa Giudice definitely has a way with words -- but did the 39-year-old reality star put her foot in her mouth with an anti-Semitic comment on last Sunday’s episode?

While dealing with her husband’s legal and financial issues (Joe Giudice owes more than $260,000 after forging his business partner's signature and sending his family into bankruptcy) Teresa insisted that she wouldn't divorce the love of her life as a result of the scandal.

"I mean my Jewish friends are all 'I would have divorced him right away!!'” she said. "But I'm Italian."

While some may have found her words offensive, a spokesperson for the Anti Defamation League says that Teresa didn’t say anything wrong. "We don't see any problem with this," the spokesperson told UsMagazine.com. "That may very well be what her Jewish friends are saying."

Giudice took to her blog, as well, on Wednesday to insist she didn’t mean anything harmful by her comment.

In an entry titled “Not Perfect,” Teresa wrote defended her words:

"Some of my friends have told me they would have left Joe if they were me. I was trying to explain myself without calling anyone out specifically, and the way I described them to keep them anonymous was 'Jewish.' They are Jewish, but being Jewish has nothing to do with why they would have left Joe. Their religion had nothing to do with the story, I was just trying to explain myself and not use anyone's name, and my words got all jumbled. I'm so sorry if I offended anyone, but that's not what I meant at all."

Source: http://www.ivillage.com/did-real-housewife-teresa-giudice-make-anti-semitic-remark/1-a-376249

Charlize Theron Chelsea Handler Cheryl Burke China Chow

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése